Special Board Meeting June 19, 2017
WAGON MOUND PUBLIC SCHOOLS
REGULAR BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
PED DISTRICT #45
Date: June 19, 2017
Time: 1:30 p.m.
Place: Zack and Eloisa Montoya Administration Building Board Room
Type of Meeting: Special
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance I Welcome Guests
4. *Approval of Agenda
5. Public Comment
6. Executive Session - The Board may elect to go into executive session for reasons permitted in the New Mexico Open Meetings Act.
- Limited Personnel Matters as permitted under Section 10-15-1(H)(2), specifically to discuss candidates the Board may consider hiring as interim superintendent.
7. Report on Executive Session – “The matters discussed in the closed meeting were limited to those stated in the motion to close the meeting. This statement shall be recorded in the minutes of the meeting as required by Section 10-15-1 (J) of the New Mexico Open Meetings Act”.
8. *Consider taking Action Regarding Executive Session Topic (a) hiring an interim superintendent. Generally, action on an item discussed in a closed session must be taken in an open meeting (§10-15-1(H).
9. *Approval of Minutes - May 19, 2017
10. *Approval of Title II Application
11. *Approval of 2017-2018 Operating Budget
12. *Approval of 2017-18 Salary Schedules
13. *Approval of 2017-18 School Calendars
14. *Approval of Revised WMPS Policies and Procedures for the provision Special Education Services for Students with Disabilities and Gifted Students
15. NMSBA Leadership Retreat, July 13-15, 2017
16. Next Regular Board Meeting on June 21, 2017 at 6:00 P.M.
If you are an individual with a disability who is need of a reader, amplifier, qualified sign language interpreter, or any other form of auxiliary aid or service to attend or participate in the hearing or meeting, please contact the Superintendent at 300 Park Avenue, Wagon Mound, NM 87752, at least one week prior to the meeting or as soon as possible. Public documents, including the agenda can be provided in various accessible formats. Please contact the Superintendent's Office at 575-666-3030, if a summary or other type of accessible format is needed.
The Wagon Mound Public School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, pregnancy, disability, age, religion, veteran status, or genetic information in its employment practices, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.